View Single Post
      01-21-2012, 03:16 PM   #28
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Until I see a documented case here or somewhere else, it appears that is the case, doens't mean it can't or won't happen. Last time I checked, Switzer has sold plenty of products, turbo upgrades for their GTR's on stock engines, that add ALOT more WHP/TQ than stock, no documented failures yet, while other companies have, so it appears they have a better record than stock GTR engines as well.

As far as stock vs ESS we are comparing 350 units vs tens of thousands and are all the NA cars that failed really stock? Don't know, no one does, but out of tens of thousands of M3's sold, there has been a minimal amount failures vs. the # sold, and some of those failures happened with very little miles.
Is it a stretch to think that one of those stock M3's that had an engine failure could've showed up at any one of the tuner's shop?
Think of it like the lottery not everybody end up with the winning numbers,in this case a bad engine.

AA has only one documented case of an engine failure with a strapped AA's sc on,that's not bad.

On the other hand what I find troubling about AA,is the fact that they tried to mislead,misinform the forum...I mean if you have nothing to hide,why do that?

Last edited by US///M3; 01-21-2012 at 03:33 PM..
Appreciate 0