View Single Post
      03-01-2013, 07:49 AM   #12
CDM3DCT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jet Black M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
he's not driving to work, he's driving EVERYWHERE. I would let the M3 rest in the garage just like him. I drive 35-45k miles a year and a result I drive a 4 banger Escape and my turbo M3 is for whenever stress relief is necessary.
Someone who understands 😎

Quote:
Originally Posted by bga23 View Post
If I'm driving that many miles for work I'd want something comfortable and gets good mileage. Ideally I'd be able to have a boring/practical work car and a fun/weekend ride.

I'd prob get something like a Altima, Jetta or maybe a Prius.

But that many miles is gonna kill the value of whatever you buy, so be prepared for this.
I agree, I guess all in all I'm not looking to retain value on a DD. I could do a average DD but I guess I also want to have that additional fun factor (yeah, yeah I want to have my cake and eat it too). Altima, jetta and Prius are nice cars but wouldn't deliver that sense of enjoyment if I were to drive one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abisson View Post
I still don't understand why people don't drive their M3. It is not a fucking Enzo for fuck's sake. It is the second best DD anyone could have, after a 911. Why don't you DRIVE IT. The 100$ or more you will pay in gas per month will be regain in the joy of driving to work every day.
Clearly it is far from an Enzo, i agree. But at the same time I don't want to drive long distances with a V8 knowing i could save gas on a 4 cylnder, leg alone deal with all the wear and tear that would come from it (which for our cars can be pretty pricey). The M is my weekend car, takes away the stress and makes me realize why I push for nothing less than perfect each day at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bab0i View Post
Just wondering what you do? That's almost 300 miles a day.
I'm a business development manager, I oversee 2 states and drive out to meet and coach my staff, meet and greet new business leads, etc... I love the job but the driving can get a little ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedoy View Post
Wait until new MB CLA available, that thing starts at $29,995 which is not that bad.
You know I've actually thought about it. But it looks like a small car (1 series-ish). I'm not a small guy by any means.

Reliability on an A5 has been skeptical but just like any car, if it gets serviced accordingly it can last well over 200k miles. Electrical gremlins are also a concerns but unlike the M I would have a much easier time taking my DD to a reputable Indy shop.

Haha not much love for the BRZ... As fun as the car is to drive it isn't a mature vehicle in which you can take business out for lunch in persay... (But I might just be talking out of my ass as this point...)
Appreciate 0