darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Camera recommendations...

Recently I decided I wanted to get a little more into photography. I've always had the standard 3-5mp Point & Shoot Canon digi camera but I've come to realize that it's pretty much only good for taking the standard group pictures. Anything further then 20-30 feet and the picture quality drops a lot, the zoom function also seems to be worthless.

I've been reading and see I have 2 options. P&S or DSLR. I know the hardcore people will say stay away from DSLR's due to their hard controls and such. I also thought I heard that DSLR's pics usually require some work in a photo editing software which I don't have much experience in. As for a P&R I think I will just be getting a more expensive version of my current Canon. Sure it will be easier to use at the beginning but I also want something I can grow into and will last me close to 10 years. I am completely willing to learn so I don't need/want a dummy proof camera, I would even like this to become a hobby.

I'm getting into the stage of my life that I want to be able to take some good pictures for memories. First house, engagement, my first puppy on my own all that is prolly within the year and I want to be able to capture those moments. Sounds kinda cheesy but it's something that I think is important.

What would you guys recommend? I've always been a Canon person but always read and hear good things about Nikon. I would be willing to spend up to 1k if necessary.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0