View Single Post
      04-15-2012, 08:38 PM   #12
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: bac mono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefile View Post
Exactly. I had a similar issue on my E36 racecar, way more wing than my splitter could handle.

I don't know how much you care about being able to put it back to stock looks, but I would just put gorilla tape over the front there as a temporary solution. The problem is you need the front to be flush or close to it-airflow is a fickle thing.

I'd also look in to dive planes, I'm sure someone makes some for these cars.
I'll just use gorilla tape to close it up then. (goo gone cleans up residue easily)
Maybe I'll get something firm to back it up so it's flush.

I'm not sure I'm ready to add dive planes or canards yet - that involves some bumper drilling and bracing... I've got a few more weeks so I'll think about it.

What about gurney flaps? I know it's for trailing edge - but what if I put it on the leading edge? hmmm...

Yeah I'm not even getting close to the potential of the wing. It's set at the lowest angle right now (1.4 degrees) and according to specs it's delivering close to the zero degree 150lbs of downforce, 17lbs of drag at 80mph.

I've got to get more frontal downforce

Last edited by quads; 04-15-2012 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: edit - not canards - I meant gurney flaps
Appreciate 0