Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBPhD View Post
A quick question for all: what is the difference between a "tune" and "coding"?

Also, I am wondering if Mike is willing to explain a bit about how he came up with his modified software parameters. I would think this would be really difficult, for several reasons:

1) Lots of parameters,

2) lack of documentation WRT how the parameters effect the behavior of the car, and

3) possibility in entering parts of the parameter space that could destroy a car.

Apparently, at least one of these is incorrect . . .

Any comment, Mike?
Coding: Changing/Modifying features in the car in their respective modules. Things like angel eye brightness, DVD in motion, convenience features, retrofits, etc fall under this category.

Tuning: Modifying the operating system and or mapping that the DME uses to run the engine.

I have all of the factory data files from Germany, plus documentation from Siemens and a few companies they hired to write the MSS60 Engine management software. So I know all of the functions, all of the maps, what they do, how they work, and how they can be improved.

Someone that doesn't know what they are doing could easily 'brick' an ECU. Usually something changed wrong will cause "limp mode" (engine malfunction, reduced power). But luckily you have me.

Hope this helps

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0