View Single Post
      10-01-2018, 09:56 AM   #6
PACarGuy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 DCT ZCP

Garage List
Just did my first track day in my E92 (in the blue/intermediate group) and unless you're in the higher run groups and really pushing it, the stock brakes with some better pads and fluid are plenty for this car. I put on some new Zimmerman rotors from FCP up front, some Stoptech Sport pads (not even a dedicated track pad - it's a hybrid) and some Brembo LCF600 fluid in and this setup held up well all day. The track wasn't all that hard on brakes (NJMP Thunder) but has at least 4 hard braking zones and I didn't experience an ounce of fade all day. The pedal got a bit softer towards the last session, but there was no fade or decrease in braking power.

My shop also said that SS lines on this car aren't really needed and aren't in fact a great choice for a DD, and based on the the way my brakes felt on track, I don't see them as a necessity. This car really is quite capable right out of the box.