Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC kid View Post
Is this the Courtesy Delivery you told me about before?

Are the selling dealers obligated to make the Courtesy delivery happen as long as I get a receiving dealer here to cooperate?

I did ask my CA who wasn't familiar with the procedure, so to simplify I told him for now; transport...

I am def interested to hear what you did to make that happen.
Yep, it's the courtesy delivery I mentioned. Dealers usually charge around $500 to do a CD. South Bay ended up not charging anything for the CD because Newbold transferred the sale of the car over to South Bay, so for me it worked out perfectly. First M3 in SoCal at MSRP from a Socal dealership.

What happens is this: dealer you're buying through contacts the dealer you want the car delivered to. The buying dealer then sends the delivering dealer a sheet they have to sign off on that authorizes the car being delivered to them. That form is then sent to BMW Distribution, who then go into the order system and change the delivery local to the delivery dealership. The buying dealership is merely a conduit that places the order in the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC kid View Post
Are the selling dealers obligated to make the Courtesy delivery happen as long as I get a receiving dealer here to cooperate?
They're obligated to make the CD happen if they don't want you to walk out on them. You can simply tell them to do a CD or you go elsewhere. Talk to the manager of the dealership ALWAYS, as he should know the CD process.
Appreciate 0