Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgone View Post
Agreed. I had a 2007 Honda Accord and the Nav was much better than on my 2011 BMW. The BMW gives you the worst route possible and is late on telling you when to turn.

That is definitely an issue of user error. The BMW nav notifies you a mile or more before you need to turn, and then breaks it down into feet before you actually reach the turn. Maybe you aren't listening attentively?!!??
So you're suggesting I used MU Honda nav well but once I got a BMW nav I stopped paying attention? Not likely. Yes, it notifies you a mile away but that doesn't help that much when you have driven about a mike and there are several streets that look like they might be the one (signage is not so good around here.) My Honda nav timed it perfectly and would say "make the next right" while giving me time to see the next right and take it. The BMW will often say it at a point where I will need to jam on my brakes hard if I hope to make the turn.

It also doesn't do well with forks in roads. Sometimes it won't say anything at all or worse, about 500ft before the fork it will say "take the next right". Ill see side streets and know it cant be telling me to go on those and then suddenly ill see the fork and figure it meant, "veer to the right up ahead".

One more thing, let's say I'm driving along and want to know the next gas station coming up. Well, the car will give me a list of like 10 stations that seem to be in no particular order. Also, I might be going north but it will list all these gas stations that are south of me. I'll scroll through those and then find one a couple miles ahead. That should have been the first entry, not stations I already passed up and that are even farther away.