10-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #51
Joey
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E63 AMG S

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIS View Post
It is unfortunate, but what you say is accurate. I appreciate you giving me the benefit of the doubt that I've done my homework. The only difference in Texas, is even if you are not at fault, you are still liable for your dedcutible. Also, your carrier can not raise your rates based on an accident they paid on that you were not found at fault. My deductible is $1,000 and that I will pay to have my carrier repair my car. As I said in an earlier post, I would have only paid $250 if the asshole had no insurance. Of course, I also have an umbrella policy since I actually have something to lose.
Sorry about your loss man, I know its so incredibly frustrating we work so hard and for so long to have the things we enjoy and some illegal with nothing to lose can ruin our day and make things miserable.

We have similar issues here in Florida. I would have done the same thing you are doing, its not worth my time or nerves to get upset and chase his worthless insurance company. You get the feeling right away the first time you speak to the adjuster whether or not it will go smoothly.

They need to revise our handgun laws, it should be legal to open fire on any illegal that backs into any enthusiast owned product

If that were the case, and one backed into me, it would be their last day being illegally breathing!