08-19-2010, 04:04 PM   #2
Trier Germany
Banned
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: 2009 E-90 M3 space gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
I have tried searching as much as possible regarding a definitive top speed for the M3, to no avail. It would appear that there hasn't really been a proven top speed, at least not that I could find.

Sooooo, assuming there was an organized event, run on a closed circuit (say, a runway), and speaking purely hypothetically, if one were to choose to participate in said event, what would one do in preparation?

-Increase tire pressure? I'm thinking the hypothetical participant might increase tire pressure to around 40psi front and rear.
-I (I mean, the hypothetical participant, heretofore known as the "HP" ) have a DCT transmission - would VMax be achieved in 6th gear? It seems that in many posts, it is intimated that 7th gear doesn't cut it for VMax.
-Would this HP run with DSC on? I think he (or she) probably should - no benefit from this in a straight line, right?
-Assuming that the HP has 18 OEMs with PS2s, 19" OEMs with PS2s, and 20" HREs with Nitto Invos, what would be the best to use? I (errr, the HP - if such a thing exists, in this theoretical realm) have eliminated the HREs, as the rear tires, amazingly, are NOT Y rated! . So, any difference between the 18s and 19s?
-Anything ELSE this HP might want to consider?

Any guesses as to what he/she might achieve, given a, say, 2.4 mile runway?

The HP had considered reverting to all stock stuff, to try and determine the actual Vmax of a stock M3, but then decided it would be too much of a pain in the ass. So screw that. Hypothetically.

Do ED and break your car in properly here in germany. then you can go V-max and try it out. it seems the stock speedo is quite inaccurate. I have M-DCT and my speedos says 180 Mph in 6th at redline
Appreciate 0