Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cghempel View Post
Back on topic, in my personal opinion I would go ahead and get the E92 (or E90/93) now. I think the E90/2/3 M3 is absolutely perfect.
It would be worth it from the experience point of view, what I mean here to drive in Germany and to experience the magic of the BMW facility "Die Welt, the Factory and the Museum" On the other hand if you lease a BMW you be best off to a) find one at a dealership so you do not have to wait for re-delivery after a ED. and b) do the German tour, however, rent a car or get a German RailPass combined with a car rental at major rail stations.

UPDATE; Since the date i've posted here in this thread I've changed my mind about a ED delivery for the following reasons; a) hate to wait 2 to 3 months, b) have done the Germany factory / museum tour in 2009 and c) found the 2012 M3 at a dealership just what I was looking for and purchased the car took delivery 1 week after purchase.

My next trip to Germany will be by RailPass due to the extremely high fuel prices in Europe. My M3 will be parked safely in my garage while I take that trip, this way I've got no worries about small streets in Italy and worries about where I park my car

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0