View Single Post
      03-22-2008, 09:27 PM   #1
Rugs
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Drove a 135i Today!

First of all, I was surprised at how much better the 135i looked in person.

I have to admit, from the magazine photos I didn't care much for the Squatty-Dumpy look.
The car I drove was Black Sapphire Metallic w/Coral Red Boston Leather and looked Great. Admittedly, the Black color probably softened the lines a bit. The offsets on the 18" sport wheels where Very agressive with the tires hung out dead even with the top edge of the wheel wells. The whole package just looked Mean!

Equipped:......................Sugg.Retail $34,900.00
Premium Pkg.....................$3,300.00
Sport Pkg.........................$1,000.00
Steptronic........................$1,275.00
Paddles..............................$100.00
Destination Charge...............$775.00

Total Sugested
Retail Price:.....................$42,825.00

Driving Impression:
Coming out of my Heavy E93, the 135i felt like a Go-Kart w/ suspension. My first impresion was how quick the steering responded, the car could be flicked from one lane to the next with little effort. The N54 & Step felt really strong and it rode nearly as well as my E93. The 6 piston front & 4 piston rear brake calipers where really sweet looking and feet strong. I kept thinking, "what an Awesome Track car this would make".
As you can tell, I came away very impressed with the whole package which could easily be a baby "M". And a little guilty I was so quick to judge this Menacing little car just from the photos...

(I'll post pics soon. My floors are being refinished and my Mac is packed up for a few days with all my camera & photo software)
SMART-Top /One-Off Opaque Vinyl EYELIDS / 30% TINT / A.C.SCHNITZER Pedals / "M" Tri-Color Wheel w/Paddles / EIBACH Pro-Kit / AKEBONA F. & EBC RED-STUFF R.Dustless Pads / Drilled & Slotted ROTORS / MIRO M6 Reps / MICHELIN PS2's / U.R.Coated DP's / CYBA-QUAD Exhaust Tips / BMS-TUNED...

Last edited by Rugs; 03-22-2008 at 10:02 PM..
Appreciate 0