08-28-2009, 06:45 PM   #1
Meanie
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW G82 M4C

AFe Dry filter Q

Hi there guys,

First off this is my first post here on the M3 forums... so howdy!

I have a bit of a concerning question(s), I have replaced the stock filter with an AFe Dry.

Once the new filter is installed the "tension ball/bar" does not push against the filter, if I compare the 2 filters they both are identical except for the top piece of the intakes where the tension ball is meant to push into, on the AFE there is just a circular dip, however with the OEM it has a 2cm round tube/rubber coming out of the filter which pushes against the tension ball when installed to hold it in... is this a problem? Should I be worried?

Secondly, when driving the car, I can feel an immediate difference in response, throttle and tone, however when above 3000rpm I start to hear what I can only best describe as a very light whistle. Is this sound normal for this filter or is this the result of the tension ball not pressing against housing of the filter.

Should you guys need photos, I am sure I can always dig up my camera and take a few snaps.

Thanks for the help in advance and sorry if it is a bit of a retarded bunch of questions...

Kind Regards
- 2008 E92 ///M3 - AW, CF Leather Trim, 6MT - Mods: Black Grills, Black Gills, CF mirrors - SOLD

Last edited by Meanie; 08-28-2009 at 07:01 PM..
Appreciate 0