View Single Post
      04-22-2010, 06:21 AM   #27
emthree4me
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 e92

Too bad not all Northern Virginians can afford to drive to Maryland and deal with the bottleneck at the Wilson Bridge\\\

I guess thats why the OP frame the question properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmernupe View Post
FFX is only less worse than Arlington. Fairfax is still horrible. A friend of my mine had a battery issue on her 550. These asshats told her that it was not covered by warranty due to her "short trips". This is the second time she has had this problem.
Her commute is 5 miles and takes 0ver 30 minutes each day and the car is driven more than just to work. I called my tech over at Passport and he said they were maybe correct in the diagnosis, but they should have tested the battery and if the battery was indeed bad, replaced it. If the battery was good, then advise the customer why the battery is not getting enough charge. But, they would not try to charge a in-warranty customer for a battery. If this is indeed her second time in for the same problem, then they would have changed the battery.
Before this she was in for a flat tire. They wanted to charge her $800 dollars for a tire and brake fluid change. She said the brake fluid is covered under maintenance. They said well it did not make it to the warrantied mileage. She told them to pound sand and went across the street to the indy shop. They repaired the tire and explained to her that most run-flats cannot be repair, but her's was a simple puncture.
While there about her tire there was another woman raising hell about how this was her third trip to their service for the same problem and she never deals with the same person and they all give her a different diagnosis.
My personal experience is there is not a personal touch or relationship with the customer and they tell you to be sure to give them all 10s. I went there for a simple bulb change. They left the key box in my seat. This is the heavy metal boxes that hang on the window for cars on the lot. When I brought it to their attention dude was like, oh those are the boxes the techs put the fobs in so they don't lose the customer's keys. Ok cool, but the box is heavy, metal and could have easily punctured or scratched the seat surface. Then you guys would have tried to say that was already there. How about putting it on the floor.

Passport is different. The cultivate a relationship with their customers. They don't try to make stuff up. If they don't know they will tell you and then find out. I have had nothing, but an excellent experience with the service dept. I have the same SA and tech. Hell I have my tech's cell number. I always get a BMW loaner if I need one. Hell I have been able to just come in w/o an appt. and Stephen will still offer a loaner. If I don't have an appt. I'll tell him to get to it when you get to it. I understand I don't have an appt. I am still out of there in record time.
It has not been all roses with Passport as a whole. The finance guys are are jerks. See my ED write-up for that whole debacle.
Appreciate 0