08-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #9
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
People also fail to understand BMW's overall goal is of automotive independence.
No they don't fail to understand that.

They fail to understand the warpped logic of wanting to dilute the 'brand' that has been historically built up by that independant company over the years.

Quote:
FWD cars will achieve that goal as will SAV's

Quote:
BMW responds to the market and market demands especially in projects that are offspring off existing platforms and have dedicated segments.
BMW's overall strategy to co-exist in a FWD share with MINI projects sales by 2020 to be 600,000 units combined to existing BMW sales and you wonder why Audi have had to postpone their 2015 goal.
These cars combined with MINI will be successful, mark my words. They are not exactly what I would call conventional concepts they have a BMW twist and that will add to their market appeal.
BMW could easily do FWD independantly, but at least use another ruddy badge, not the BMW one.
Expand the Mini badging for FWD (or bring back the Isetta name perhaps? from the past) anything but put the BMW badge on some shit fwd shopping trolley when BMW have spent so many years marketing the benefit of rwd etc.
If I wanted a fwd shopping trolley I'd have bought an Audi.