View Single Post
      01-10-2013, 11:03 PM   #23
Superfly_M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raucky2000 View Post
Some of the larger advantages of this kit are the MASSIVE weight savings over the stock setup.

You save ~10lbs over the stock calipers, maybe more to be honest. Plus the weight savings of the rotors are well, they are 21lbs lighter total, so that's over 40lbs of weight hanging at the extreme corners of your car GONE! Their mounting bracket is super strong and light. Unsprung weight and rotational weight are some of the two biggest enemies a car has. It helps the car corner, stop, and go faster everywhere, no BS, it's the truth. "Ask any real racer..."

All of the major BBK kits weight about the same as OEM brakes (a little less than std to be fair), which was a big turnoff to me. I DIDN'T BUY THIS KIT BECAUSE I'M CHEAP!!! I bought this kit because I come from a racing history and for my application this IS THE BEST KIT.

Built in dust boots so this kit will last on the streets and tracks.

NO RUST RINGS, to answer someone's question^

I talked to their service department for hours, trust me, they know their Sh*t.

Oh I'm prob letting the cat out of the bag, but someone already asked about. "Why only a 4 pot setup?" Lets just say RB has a surprise for us next season with something bigger and badder (?) for the front end and we can still use the 4 pot calipers on the rear! Sorry RB, but people needed to know that so please DON'T hate me!!!!! Plus now the pressure is on to finish your R&D earlier!
So this kit is 40lbs lighter than stock?
You think 360mm will be enough for you?
Now that the cat is out of the bag, how can you use the 4 pot on the back?
Appreciate 0