03-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #95
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post
Great! Now my subs are down on power and sound like crap! Sounded fine and now the bass is just gone. Sounds distorted too. Not happy. I suspect it's the lc2i.

Joy!
I have now replaced every part of the setup aside from the harness and the sub box. I don't care for the LC2i at all. From feeling the terminals on the left side of the unit, I worry that this is where the issue lies and that the connector may not be attached very firmly to what I assume is a circuit board inside the unit. I ditched the XD600/1 amp in favor of an HD750/1 and got another LC2i and a new 12W3v3-4. I am waiting on a response from VP as to whether I can fit a W6 sub in their box as well and I will ditch the W3. I haven't begun researching another option to the LC2i but will this week.

The question that has also continually come up in my mind in addition to a component issue is that since we have to use speaker level inputs is that any changes we make on the equalizer and tone settings in the iDrive affects the signal going to the LC2i. What bothers me about this is that whatever signal is being fed to the oem subs are being fed to the LC2i. So if we increase bass at all via iDrive either with the bass setting or eq settings, we are therefore altering the signal to the LC2i. I am not sure how this plays out once we start changing the settings on both the LC2i and whatever amp you use. I am wondering if we are effectively filtering the signal twice which could then effect the output we are getting.

All-in-all, everything works ok now but not exactly to my satisfaction. I am still not happy as to how much I have had to turn the gains up.

ILSMKU, if you are free this week, maybe we can get together and troubleshoot things.
Appreciate 0