View Single Post
      03-28-2014, 10:30 AM   #927
128Convertibleguy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 128 Covertible

Smile

How about something different?

I've been riding for many years, have owned many bikes. At one time I had seven, I'm down to four. Got a bum leg now.

Don't know how to intersperse text/photos, so the photos will be at the bottom. Sizing got screwy, cntrl minus is one way to see the whole thing.
Photo one. Here's the original sportbike <grin>.

Period appropriate mods, bronze swingarm bushings, "progressive" springs, tapered roller steering bearings, bar end mirrors, etc.

When I no longer rode my K75RT fast enough on tours to make the compromise between handling and touring appropriate, I replaced it with a Goldwing.
The front forks have been Raceteched, Baker air wings and VStream windshield for weather protection.

When my bum leg made that also inappropriate, I triked it with a DFT kit. Photo two.

The DFT is awesome. Made of beautiful aluminum castings and chromated steel fabrications. Looks like an F1 car.
Suspension is copied from a Jaguar XKE, including the four shocks. The rear wheels are lightweight track wheels, you hardly need anything more.

On the sportbike front I used to own a Honda Superhawk 1000. Honda's imitation of a Ducati; fast, good handling (Raceteched forks again), and utterly reliable.

My KLR650 got street tires and a track school once. Reg Pridmore's CLASS. He gave rides, it was fun to watch him pass guys on Suzuki GSX1000s on the outside.
On a Honda VFR750, two up. The rider is so much important than the bike, moreso than with cars.
Attached Images

Last edited by 128Convertibleguy; 03-28-2014 at 10:39 AM..
Appreciate 0