Skiptomylou37
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
On a side note... how's the Evo X MR?

I kind of want to lease one as a fun, cheap, I don't care much about track car.... they're ~300/month with a couple grand down.

I can't speak for the op, but I know many around my age (I am also mid 20s, actually.. not at the "mid" point yet...) don't buy a home because we really don't know where we want to live.

Buying a home = large down (we are young, so usually need at least 20, if not 30+ % down).
if you don't like it.. yes you can rent it out, but, at least to me, I want to enjoy my first home and live in for a decent period.

Buying investment properties are different... 2 of mine I would never live in myself, but they provide a fair residual income. But I don't know many in their mid 20s who want to buy a home

So to all who say buying a home... what if the op doesn't know where he wants to live, thus buying isn't so wise?
Evo X MR is pretty dope. I like it a lot more than the 335xi I had a few years ago, just don't like the Paul Walker/Brian Spilner image it portrays. Also, I recently got my company car too so now I don't need something that can go in the snow. Definitely agree with you that it's hard to pick a location when you are young on where to buy a home. That mixed with the above mentioned possibility I could have to relocate for work make me think purchasing a home will happen later on.
Appreciate 0