01-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #24
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post
a stock gtr is just as reliable as any bmw. trust me, it is. i own a gtr, therefore i am much more qualified to spout off facts than your "facts". where the reliability stops is when you modify it. becomes a really expensive car then. but then again, find me a car that's reliable when modified for high HP. better yet...think a veyron is reliable or cheap to operate? no way! case in point, you gotta pay to play, and if you're worried about a warranty, then a frumpy stock bmw is for you. the rest of your BS is opinion. btw, launch control was NEVER deprogrammed from the software, there have just been different versions (LC1, LC2, LC3).
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post
set of gtr tires last around 10k with 'spirited' street driving, in my experience. a new set of OE tires, which are really good rubber, runs about $1800. DIY oil change every 3k for $60, brake pads every 10k $800, other fluids changed every 10k $700. that's about all the regular expenses a gtr has. yes, the gtr has a warranty, but the people that try to sell a gtr based on the fact that it has a warranty are the same people that get online and bitch later about how they feel they've been wronged by nissan because something was denied warranty. it is what it is. like i said in my above post, if you can't afford to pay for supercar maintenance, then don't buy a car with supercar performance, because it will command supercar bills.

this is why people buy gtr's. it's the best bang for the buck you can get. handles like a ferrari, acceleration like a rocket, and cheapest to own and operate out of any car in it's performance class. you can't get that with any other car under $200k.
Thank you for being the only person with a head on his body in this thread (and an owner with first hand experience no less). E90soflo proved my point with the blabber in his last comment.