01-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #43
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Actually did you see the US Top Gear when they tested the Ford Raptor SVT, not only could this truck do 120MPH over rough terrain it did well around their track. So to your point can a truck do well around a track, maybe, but can a sport car do well off road, hell no. To each their own, but I would not mind having a 5 second 0-60 pickup that can do 120MPH off road than a car which is only good on hard pavement, but then again I spend just as much time in the woods as I do in the city.

The point about technology in the Veyron, there is lots of material science and aerodynamic design that had to be developed or learned to make the car usable and accomplish 250MPH + that can not be said about the GT-R again Nissan just took parts and designs which already existed and package it together to make a nice fast car. Again almost anyone can copy or improve on what someone else has already figured out, but it tech real genius to develop new technology.

Now if you just looking at how many cylinders it take to get the car down the road the fastest the GT-R is not the car to use a the bench mark, I think this car is the one we should consider, AeroShelby, it beats both Veyron and GT-R in the 1/4 and does it on 387 CI V8.

http://www.shelbysupercars.com/ultimate-aero.php

And if you only worried about getting around the track the fast the Ariel Atom beat them all and it cost far less than the GT-R and it too was a V8 and it supercharge verse using turbos
I am having a real hard time determining out of this blabber what you were trying to say so this will be it for me...

An SVT raptor good around a track in comparison to the car that I've talked about?

An Ultimate aero is another $600K car that only weighs 2800 lbs so I fail to see the analogy there...

An Ariet Atom is a 1200 LB car without even windows or a roof (in other words a definitive track car with next to zero DD qualities)...

And I have no idea what sort of copying you are talking about in the GTR...

And those qualities you speak of that a Veyron has that allow it to go 250 MPH and be usable are next to irrelevant unless we are producing another supercar or spend our life at the VW test track / Bonneville Salt Flats because no one will be going even close to 200 MPH (that's a guarantee) in their ownership of cars maybe minus 1 or 2 special times.