10-05-2011, 11:58 PM   #58
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edjay View Post
No its not entirely imposible to have a slow leak on an oil filter housing. But given the situation you or your inlaw would have noticed the leak sooner, and called them to let them know. Given that you popped out of nowhere 5000 miles later, the car looked at elsewhere ( i understand he is miles apart) kinda make it hard for the SM to see where your coming from.
Being I speak from experience behind a service desk, Im not saying your wrong, but just saying I understand why he didnt think it was their fault. I too woukd question why wait so long to adress the issue. It very well possible it had a simple leak elsewhere, and the other SM mis understood the tech, and mis informed you. Not stating this is the case.

In any regards I would have given you the full refund given your service records, but me in your shoes, I probably would have just left it alone, and not raise hell about it.
I already explained in another post that the leak was noticed much sooner than at the tail end of 5k miles. That was just when he decided to take it in. He wasn't near a dealer in FL, and when he called the dealer in SC, they actually told him that it could wait based on the amount of oil it was leaking until he got home. So...that is what he did.

Sure maybe on the surface it is hard to understand when looking at a piece of paper. That is why a professional, like you I'm sure, would pick up the phone and call the person that is requesting the refund so he can receive all the pertinent facts. Especially when that person is specifically trying to work it out quickly since he doesn't want to be inconvenienced by having his time wasted.

If he didn't trust the report from New London, then he always had the right to call them and ask for an explanation. There are a lot of things that could of happened - I agree...it's just that none of them actually did.

On the issue of raising hell. I'm guessing that when a customer sends you an email and leaves a vmail requesting a call back, you would not respond by sending an argumentative email. Likewise, I would guess that when you leave a message for the GM at your dealership, you will receive a call back.

Again, could care less about $70; it's about a pattern of poor customer service and communication.
Appreciate 0