Garage List
1994 325is Race Car  [0.00]
2011 BMW Z4  [0.00]
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Dutchman View Post
Great write-up Skierman.

Am I wrong or don't you have EDC (not shown in your signature)?
If so would the "sport" setting of the EDC make a major difference on a track-ride, compared to "normal" which one has w/o EDC?
I do have EDC as it's part of the technology package. I ran on the track with EDC on sport the entire time. My thought was since I was learning a new car on the track and a new track as well, I wanted to reduce the number of variables. With EDC in normal the computer determines the shock rates adjusting many times a seconds, however in sport the computer locks in a stiff shock value and keeps it constant. I thought it would be easier to learn the car at the limits in that manner. BMW says the car is faster on the track in normal than sport, I will probably try normal mode at a future track event.

My instructor asked me if I had and aftermarket race suspension on the car, because he liked how predicable and perfect it was for track work.

I can't compare it to a non-edc car because I haven't driven one, however EDC allows the flexibility to cruise down the interstate in comfort or hit the track in sport mode just by hitting a button.