05-26-2010, 11:58 PM   #12
neoduffer
Fast In, Slow Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 E90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
That was my first trip to Laguna Seca and it was awesome despite the cold and wind. Caught the Thursday tech talk from Flying Lizard team at the Porsche corral. That's one professional team. Got there early Friday to help out with the parking for the CCA Corral, so we had a super long day at the track. The Tech Talk at the Rahal Letterman paddocks was great. Got to hear Satch talk BMW product planning with the team manager. Interesting to hear that the topic of killing of manual transmissions occurs 3 times a year. We better enjoy them while they are available. At a 15% take rate, the days seem numbered for the 6MT.

Left at 5pm because we were cold and tired, hit the Starbucks in Safeway in Del Rey Oaks for some coffee, ate dinner near Cannery Row, then booked it back for the last 30 minutes of the race. So glad we went back to catch the end of the race. Dirk was so bummed about breaking the car in practice, so it's good to see that they were able to put the car back together and score a podium. Great track and great event.