View Single Post
      02-21-2008, 07:28 PM   #8
GT3 Tim
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 MB E63S

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvai View Post
The GT3 is a hell of a car... are you sure of this?

The M3 is a great car... but a 911 GT3 is a 911 GT3.
I know, I know. Killer car, no argument...

Its just that life changes, and thus, needs.

I find myself rarely driving the GT3 anymore for several reasons...the biggest being that it is simply not pratical for my lifestyle anymore. I need more room. The GT3 is only a two seater. If you are lucky, you can cram three grocery bags in the "trunk". It rides like a track car, because it is! It is SUPER sensitive to any variations. If a tire is down 2psi from the others, you KNOW it. It goes out of alignment easily as it is a track car. Potholes wreak havoc on it!

In a nutshell, it is a track car and I do not have much time for the track now days. One and two years ago, I did, but times change. I was seriously considering selling it about a year ago, but because of comment like yours from all my friends, I decided to hang onto it and see if I could make it work....but it simply does not anymore. So....now that the new M3 is out, and being as I owned two others (E36's), I know they are great cars. Right now, it is the best fit for me from any make, so I am buying one and not looking back. The E90 M3 will be a killer car, and I am going to build my own to boot. So what the hell. If I don't like it (doubtful), I can always sell her and go from there I guess. But I don't think that will be an issue!
2008 E90 M3 -- Sold
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
Appreciate 0