View Single Post
      04-11-2011, 12:05 PM   #13
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Depends how it malfunctions. If it bursts, you will feel it and as others have pointed out, it's gonna hurt like a motherfucker.

Mine didn't burst. It perforated and slowly leaked all throughout my abdominal cavity or whatever. For ten days, I had bearable pain and started to get fevers which grew worse every day and were worse at night. By the tenth day, I was straight delirious by the time the sun went down and the pain was too much for me to go out snowboarding that day so we finally decided to go to the hospital. On New Years Eve no less. We were up by Verbier in the Alps and it was a long drive to Sion, so that's why we put it off so long.

Anyway, they ran some tests and the next morning a mannish nurse walked in with a razor saying my appendix had ruptured and I was going to need surgery. I woke up to the worst pain in my life and was quarantined to my own room, apparently because the infection had spread all over the place throughout my abdomen and stuff.... The incision was 10 inches long and I had a drain sticking out. I couldn't walk for 7 days afterwards and was laid up for 10 before being released. The doctor told me I was lucky and the extent of the infection was what he would have considered an extreme case for sure and I probably would have died if I had waited longer.

And I missed NYE, we were going to hang out with some hot ass Swiss chicks. Fucking sucked.
Appreciate 0