Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans_Blue_M View Post
Hey Roger...

Could you please do me a favor and NOT act like a complete dik? Thanks.

The guy that was asking the question earlier...never asked about your Forgestar wheels okay?

I see that you couldn't resist the urge to 'slip' that little marketing plug in there huh...

Maybe you should ask me why I said that, instead of posting a smartass reply. (just a suggestion)

The OWNER of Velocity Motoring (Peter Shieh) told me directly that his wheels were GRAVITY CAST, not Low Pressure Cast. I assume the man knows how his own wheels are built.

He even publicly stated that on this very site:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...3&postcount=11

Now, if they have upgraded (to low pressure casting) since I last spoke to him, that's great.

I personally like Peter and the business he has built since he started Velocity Motoring several years ago. I respect the man's attention to detail, and his rigorous wheel testing program. (especially for cast wheels) Not every company does that, or even wants to...

So maybe your time would be better spent finding out what the truth is first...then make sure everyone is putting out the same information to the general public.

Other factory vendors for VMR wheels are still saying the wheels are gravity cast...so that needs to be cleared up to an absolute certainty. (conflicting information)

And to be perfectly honest here, there isn't a lot of difference between the two. (strength wise) Flow formed casting on the other hand is a different story...

In the future, I would prefer if you would just ask me a question, if there is something you don't understand about one of my posts. Thanks.

BTW: This forum's software has a spell check plug-in...you might want to use it sometime.
I agree 100%.

I was with Peter during a factory tour back in April and was very impressed on the manufacturing processes used in their lineup, particularly to quality control. While a little on the heavier side (25-28lbs) when comparing to the Volk/Advan/BBS series, the VMRs very well made, strong and a great value for the money.

As for the list - I agree with Zoli007 & Lemans_Blue_M, RAC really needs to be on there as well.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0