View Single Post
      11-11-2007, 04:53 PM   #11
Explorer3253
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 f32

Quote:
Originally Posted by zameergill View Post
I can't believe this! I haven't felt this pissed off in years!! So I pull outta my aunts place in the morning, car's still cold....While driving down her street, my radar goes off so I KNOW theres a cop somewhere around here....I get to the stop sign and turn right on to the main road and my radar goes off again....At this point I know where he is cuz cops tend to sit in this one corner once a month and just bust people....The speed limit's 30 and I'm just cruisin along nice and slow and see him and his partner(motorcycles) parked under the tree where I knew they would....
O yea, when I turned onto the main road, I saw a car comin behind me goin faster than he should and just thought it'd suck if he got a ticket.....Well anyways, I'm approaching the area where they're parked and the cop walks out into the street and motions me to the side....his partner comes out also and stops the car that was behind me....
Anyways, so this is how our first conversation went:

cop-License, registration, proof of insurance...
me-here you go....
cop-do you know how fast you were going?
me-no sir, i wasn't speeding, i thought you may have stopped me for some other reason....
cop-(shows me the radar) 48!!!!!
me-sorry sir but that can't be accurate, I just turned onto this road a couple hundred feet back.
cop-so you're tryin to tell me that this little beemer can't get goin that fast?
me-it is possible sir, but i would never accelerate that hard when my car is still cold...
cop-yea right, well you're the only car on the road and i clocked you going 48...
me-(looking at him in disbelief) sir, your partner pulled over a car less than 5 seconds after you pulled me over, just outta curiosity, how fast was that other car clocked at?
cop-are you trying to tell me i'm stupid?
me-no sir...

he then walked away, wrote up my ticket, gave it to me, and told me how i could either pay the fine or take the traffic class and it wouldn't effect my record...blah blah blah.....

Well at this point, i figured i'd already gotten the ticket and was red with rage so I just had to reply...o yea, just watched Shoot 'em Up the night before....

me: sir, know what I hate? i hate how at this moment, for what you're unlawfully doing to me, i'm supposed to call the "police" for help, but you ARE the police and so i just have to bend over and take it.....i'll take my ticket now sir and you have a nice day....

AHHHHH!!! seriously, I know theres no way for me to fight this since I have no proof that I wasn't speeding and me telling a judge that I don't like flooring my car when it's still cold isn't gonna hold up...but still...it's just infuriating!! Oh well, guess I'll just take the online course and get it over with.....
same exact thing happened to me...another black bmw blew past me...trooper came from behind and pulled her over...30 seconds later another came and pulled me over and let her off and gave me the ticket...went to court and got stuck with 2 points and a fail to yield to traffic device....so yeah...they stuck it to me