Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslide View Post
I am a lawyer - and my advice to you - get a lawyer who whose areas of specialty include traffic defense. The rules of evidence do not automatically qualify a cop as an expert simply because he/she is a cop - each expert witness needs to lay the proper evidentiary foundation as to not only their own specialized training, but also the bases for their opinions on a case by case basis.

Here - you are defending against a very serious charge - reckless driving - which a skilled lawyer under these facts could likely defeat - a nonlawyer, however, does not know the rules of evidence, the case law that determines what foundation the state or the police officer must first provide in order for their opinion to be admissible, etc. Etc.

It's your money my friend - and I wish you the best - in my opinion reckless driving is a serious enough charge to warrant the expense of hiring a lawyer... Good luck!
This ^^^ plain and simple ...

To cheer you up read below;

Officer behind the tree with is radar gun waiting for his next victim ... this lady in her 911 comes around the bend real fast he stops her ...

Officer said; "I've been waiting for you all day!"

Lady replied: "Officer I came as fast as I could"

Officer then let her go .... once he stopped

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0