View Single Post
      03-23-2012, 05:45 PM   #286
db71
Private
Rep
Drives: 10 Audi S5

Quote:
Originally Posted by the infamous... View Post
uhh no offense, i wasn't talkin 2 u. nor am i disregardin wut u're sayin...
i'm jus lettin MR///M3 kno wut logic is behind my dislike of adv fyi.

since u brought up that "nobody's whole wheel line is tested", check this:

doesn't "100 applications" mean more than 1 line of wheel? n hav u even read this thread? http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596608
adv says they've registered w/ tuv n they're currently waitin 4 the paperwork 2 be finalized/processed.
i aint sayin it's not tru bc i hope they get tuv approval, i really do.
i jus don't like how they basically said "our wheels r certified by tuv" then all of the sudden "we jus registered w/ tuv".

look, all i care 4 a wheel 2 hav is sae, all other certs (jwl, via, tuv) r a plus imo.
i've already asked ADV.1 Matt n it seems like all he cares bout right now is 2 make op happy, which's great!
but i jus wanna kno if their wheels r sae-j2530. if so, do they hav proof? i kno 4 a fact they're not jwl or via.
Here is a thing about testing wheels to any of the standards the smallest tire you can test on a 20 is a 35 series so if you are running less the test is thrown out anyway. Because it is not recommended tire size. They also require every offset and every width to be tested. If you truly want to know facts about any testing call STL labs and ask.

About the best thing you can do is make a center test that one style in one width and if it passes do fea on the other widths and offsets.

The TUV thing is funny because TUV is like CARB and god knows nobody's ever put a non carb component on in California.

As for adv1 and the TUV bs who knows. There are certain bolt patterns and offsets that fit multiple vehicles I think that is what they mean by applications. Tested maybe 5 styles in 2 offsets and widths would give you 100 apps probably.
Appreciate 0