Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by robackja View Post
I would go, but its far, and after inspection, according to the RMC guys, I would need a brake fluid change, since my brake fluids is older than 120 days or something, even though I just got my car in January and only has 3,000 miles on it. I really don't feel like paying for the track, a brake fluid change, and gas (tracks are 1hr+ away from Fort Collins), just to get a few runs around the track.

Maybe I am just being stupidly stubborn, but I just feel the brake fluid change is ridiculous and the main reason why so many shops are willing to do a "free" BMW CCA track pre-inspection, because they are almost always going to say you need a brake fluid change and get $$ out of it.

Am I wrong? Do I not need a track inspection? Do I not need a brake fluid change if my fluid is older than 120 days?
We tech the car the morning of the AX and you will NOT need a fluid change. AX is not nearly so hard on the brakes as running a road course, where they'll rightfully insist on fresh fluid and very sound brakes.

Check on the link I provided and also look at the AX page on RMCBMCC.org It'll tell you what to expect. I assure you it's worth a 1-hour drive if you enjoy driving your car at its limit.

AX is a great way to hone some advanced driving skills without spending a ton of money. Lots of people do both AX and track events. I've been to a couple of BMW Advanced M Schools and plan to attend more, driving their cars with their mechanics and wear and tear on their cars, but I enjoy driving locally in my own car at AXs.

Dave