07-14-2008, 10:23 PM   #13
Rovman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiM3 View Post
I have nothing against Eisenmann and have had the full Eisenmann setup in my e46 (midpipes, race muffler) but the price has almost doubled on a muffler in the past 3 yrs. $2600 seems justifiable for a muffler WITH midpipes, but a muffler alone come on. The Remus exhaust is $14xx and is also 304 stainless steel inside and out. It is not TUV approved but that doesn't mean much to me here in the US of A.
I agree with the TUV statment, although it is nice to know it is a product that is built to certain standards. The TUV rating guantifies into nill here in the US. Basically a cost factored into the price in getting the product to market that we pay for but does not benefit us in any way.

I am with you, as much as I like the product, and value a well designed product. I have a hard time shelling out $2600 for what is essentially a muffler. I have the funds available for the exhaust but I just can't make myself whip out the card and make the purchase. I guess at this point I want to wait a bit, see what else comes to market and revisit my options then. I have seen a few more exhaust options that have come out lately that may be promising, just need to find out pricing, quality, sound, etc.

Who knows perhaps after all is said and done Eisenmann may come out on top and I may end up with one. I just need to be a little patient.
11' BMW 1M
15' Mercedes GL 350 (wife's daily)
Appreciate 0