View Single Post
      02-19-2015, 04:20 PM   #6
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep
Drives: E93 M3/Mk4 Supra/X6M

Here is the first time we are mocking up the new metal fender replacements.

I wanted to focus on the "easy side"(no gas cap), so things will go smooth and then if we run into issues on the gas cap side I could either do a fuel cell/relocate the gas door or extend it.
We lightly trimmed the mounting brackets and created a couple mounting tabs to space it out to the desired width.
The Ordens in the picture are mounted using 3-4, 26mm spacers stacked over each other...
overall I want each side to be about 5 inches wider.We will still be doing a wide metal flare over the fenders so nothing is permanent yet.. just going with the flow.

I really wanted the top of the fender where it meets the window to be significantly wider the OEM.

But from this angle you can sort of see that we would be running into problems with the body lines and the downward angle that the top edge of the fender has, the "mocked up" fender would sit higher then the downward angle of the top of the OEM fender....
So we needed a new plan.

Keep in mind, there were just minor tack welds, nothing is permanent yet, the tubs weren't done yet..

Last edited by GabeS; 02-19-2015 at 04:49 PM..
Appreciate 4
Maxf80M3174.00