View Single Post
      12-31-2008, 09:04 AM   #26
Big Boost
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotId View Post
bump to hear from any others who may have 19" snow/winter tires & live in the snow belt...how are your setups working out for you?
I have exactly the same set-up on my coupe as, M3 996. 19" stock wheels with:

Front: 255/35R-19 Bridgestone Blizzak LM-25 XL

Back: 265/35R-19 Bridgestone Blizzak LM-25

This winter has been really bad in WI & I normally wouldn't take her out & really bad days, but with the holidays I had no-choice.

Easily drove in 2" to 4" of snow whether it was wet or dry & never once had an issue. Including up hill driving & never once got stuck or slid.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't flying around & I took it easy going up hills and starting off in deep snow, but I could easily get to A to B & never once had an issue or was concerned.

I had Blizzak's on my old IS350, which was also RWD on 18" and never had a problem either.

Great, great snow tires & I would highly recommend them. I am getting new rims in the summer as well, so these will be my winter tires.

I did not buy this car to have it sit the garage 5 months out of the year....

M3 996 Question: This just started happening yesterday does your front tires rub at all ? I heard some noises yesterday & I thought it was rubbing only on tight turns, but I've had these tires on for over a month & this is the first time, I heard anything like that.

Thoughts?

Thanks-Big Boost
Appreciate 0