Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by klammer View Post
Advanced is a bit scarier as have seen more bad offs in that group than any others. That being said, I love running in advanced. The point by spots (in corners) and level of cars is truly awesome! I love seeing a Porsche Cup car coming up on my ass as I'm making the pass on a vette Back in topic, had a S/C stang blow in front of me at Road America, I'll try and dig up the video. Some scary shit.
I'm always amazed that in the advanced group there's a ton of cars but there's so much more room on the track!

I think the differences is in the beginner and intermediate, you do see some offs more from driver errors and cars are going slower.

In advanced, you see offs at much higher speeds from blow ups, parts flying off, and on track EPA disasters. If there's one thing I've observed...the higher the run group, the shittier the cars. Then the instructors group mostly looks like a rolling junk yard.

Plus, beginners haven't been beating on their cars for very long. Advanced drivers generally have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM1 View Post
What point bys??? At least 2 of the groups I run with have no point bys for advanced, a whole different ball game. Not to mention the TT'ers taking it easy for 4-5 laps, then blasting through for 2 laps and pitting in, or every other driver trying alternate lines and the occasional wanna-be racer divebombing people on turns. A couple of months ago one of the drivers posted a video of his "trying" out a new car and going 4-wheels off on every single session, on the club's official site.

Despite all of this, it's mostly predictable as people in advanced have good situational awareness. Oh yeah and it's fun as hell.
Is that NASA? I've understood that TT has no point bys. Have not ran with NASA yet.
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0