Member BMW CCA Los Angeles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 GC Comp

Garage List
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.R View Post
When turning the car on the default is D2 with power off. How do I get it to start with D4 or S4 with power on?
This is default. It should actually be S3 if I'm not mistaken. This cannot be changed and is discussed in your manual. I agree though, it would be nice if this was set it and forget it, but that's a discussion to be had with BMW. EDIT: The M button is the alternative solution here, but you still have to push the button.

Quote:
The warning on Idrive at every start up - "Only use this when traffic conditions permit" then you are forced to press the button to clear the screen. This is ok to do the first few times I drove the car but its time to get rid of this now. How do I do that?
It'll go away on its own after a short while, 30-60 seconds. This is a legal disclaimer of sorts and cannot be defeated unless you modify your firmware aftermarket (if that's even done anymore).

Quote:
Anytime I jump in the car to go for any sort of decent drive I put my seatbelt on but sometimes when I only have to drive around the block I prefer to not put it on. In doing this I hear that seatbelt warning beep 25 times, which gets quite annoying. I would like to have this removed also, how do I do this?
I know you don't want to hear this.... FASTEN YOUR SEAT BELT!!! Most lethal accidents happen within a few blocks of home. My mother was almost killed when I was young but her seat belt saved her life. Please wear it always. I can't even bring myself to drive across the street without putting it on, but that's me

But to answer your question without bias, as a safety matter and liability issue, I doubt anything can be done with this short of the possibility the stock switch can mute it, as someone already mentioned. There may also be some new law on the books that requires this too, not sure but remember vaguely.

Much enjoyed:
2018 ///M4 ZCP || 2014 ///M5 ZCP || 2011.5 ///M3 Sedan || 2007 ///M Coupe || 2008 550i Sport || 2006 ///M3 ZCP || 2008 X3 3.0si || 2006 325i || 2003 Z4 3.0 Roadster || 2003 330ci || 2002 325i
Appreciate 0