12-28-2011, 03:26 PM   #49
Brenzo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Yeah, but with Bluetooth, why would I need to hold the phone to my face?
Sorry, was under assumption that you would be playing media (iPod/Pandora/etc.) via USB and I thought it would be an annoyance to have to unplug every time you want to text, check email or surf internet when stopped. Granted you could do that while it's still mounted, but definitely not as comfortable hunched over. If you are constantly playing via Bluetooth and that 30-pin dock charger will only go to the cigarette lighter (since iDrive disables BT Audio when plugged into USB port), then by all means go with the pass-through system as, yes, it is slightly more convenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
No, that should be the right mount. The one you linked to specifically says not for M3 and gives the P/N for the link I used.
Correct you are, my bad. Strange that M3s aren't listed on compatibility list at the bottom though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am hoping to pick up my mount/holder tomorrow or Friday (US headquarters is located about 30 minutes north of me) and can post some pics at that time.
Appreciate 0