View Single Post
      12-11-2012, 08:01 PM   #26
soberin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildoc View Post
With the addition of baby girl in my life I recognize the need for a car with a back seat. Now, nobody said it can't be a fast car, right?
So this weekend I pick up a 2013 C63 AMG coupe-performance package with black red interior and LSD. Will be a nice compliment to the Cayman R. Two different ends of the spectrum one is quick and fox like-the other is a bull on steroids. Had no desire to look at an M3 again after the problems I had and the lure of 481 factory hp and 443 lb torque made this the last of the NA AMG V8's too good to pass up.
Photos of the two together.

PS-the cayman leaves soon to get a 4.2 L conversion by Jake Raby. Should have a better power to weight ratio than a gt3 RS when that is done.
Sounds like a fun combination. However, I find it close to inconceivable that you find the steering feedback and feel in the C63 acceptable. I've driven every model year of that car and the steering is simply pitiful. In fact it's just unsafe with all that torque. How you could go back between the C63 and the Cayman is just beyond me.
Appreciate 0