View Single Post
      05-07-2013, 01:59 AM   #54
NikB316
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Competition, F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post
I've never been in a blown m3, but I love the kickdown feature. It's like going from 6th to 3rd in a manual. Has zero to do with Auto Mode.

I just think its lame that this was not mentioned to me after asking what are the issues if ANY and being told it drives like stock. Well if you can use kickdown or punch it in auto mode (which I don't care so much about myself, but what if my wife drives it) then that is NOT "drives like stock".

Call it what you want, but that's misleading to me. Plus they should figure out a way to make it work.

I'm kind of confused on who mislead you? Are you referring to the forum generally or a specific vendor? It's posted in the link above on the forum.

I guess if I used the feature a lot and a vendor didn't mention it if directly asked via phone/email I would be upset as that is their job. You can see from the lack of posts about it that it is a very minor issue that maybe a handful of people care enough about. Not saying that's an excuse for a vendor to not mention it but they definitely care about the bigger things.

Keep in mind that adding an aftermarket supercharger to an NA car is always going to have some minor issues. Some cars will have more issues than others regardless of the kit or installer. There are just a lot more things that can go wrong, although most are minor enough that no one bothers to discuss them. From minor belt fixes, software quirks, pulley swaps, boost leaks, etc. I think most s/c guys on here consider their cars to be problem free even if they experience minor issues which are corrected quickly and for little to no cost.
This is just part of the FI game on any NA platform. Hell some guys without gauges may never even realize they have a boost leak if its very minor and they don't dyno. If going FI be prepared for a little extra maint and care. It's well worth it!

2014 M5 Competition Alpine/Sakhir
BMS Tune. Undercover Performance Custom Downpipes & Connector. H&R 10mm Spacers. BMW CF Rear Spoiler. IND Cosmetics. ALP & BEL Radar & Laser.
2011 Space Grey E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)
Appreciate 0