View Single Post
      12-06-2010, 03:43 PM   #245
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithiral67 View Post
And that would have never been called if it wasnt for how hyper sensative the league is being about head hits this year.
I think there are a lot of calls this year that wouldn't have been called if it wasn't for how sensitive the league is being.... It's overkill IMO.

However, I think Suh was a victim of the circumstances besides just the league crackdown. He put a lot of strength into that push which caused Cutler's body to jerk incredibly violently and the hand eventually did make its way to Cutler's helmet and pushed his head forward. That combined with the league sensitivity, and the Lions' obvious absence from Goodell's "golden boys" list made it the prime target for a flag.

Do I think it was a penalty as per the rulebook? No. Is it a penalty in today's NFL? Yes, apparently so.

I'm not going to act like the Lions haven't benefitted from it. I don't remember who it was, but in the past few weeks, I know we did benefit from a really shitty roughing the passer penalty on a key 3rd down failure late in the game... I think we lost that game anyway, or maybe it was the Redskins game, but anyway, it's not like we ALWAYS get the shaft. I'm just frustrated at the league-wide crackdown and how ridiculous it's getting. Even without Suh's hit, the league has been absolutely fucking stupid about this protecting the players shit this year.

Stop the helmet to helmet contact, and the spearing with the helmet never helps anyone, but besides that, there have been so many shitty calls based on these pansy rules and petty enforcement they have now.
Appreciate 0