01-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #498
SHOWTIME
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Coupe M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
Emailing someone and threatening to expose damaging material unless money is paid is blackmail and it is illegal. Of course, AA hasn't posted the emails from the OP, but he didn't seem to deny the fact that he threatened to take it to the boards if he wasn't compensated financially. This isn't just about his cars, as you can see - he appears to be holding additional secret information about two other cars which he plans to expose as well - again, after his financial demands were not met.
But it's not like he came from left field asking for money. He believes the AA supercharger did damage his engine and thinks they're responsible for his loss. I'm not a lawyer so I can't say where the line is drawn. Maybe his mistake was writing that warning email instead of just stating his customer experience...or bringing up the other 2 cars that have nothing to do with him. Or can he simply say that he was just responding to their lies... Either way, since AA also responded by posting their side of story along with his data, I don't see how they can go back now and press charges.

BTW, not saying who is actually at fault here. Still am not sure.
Appreciate 0