View Single Post
      01-24-2012, 02:23 PM   #493
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
I'm not following your post either; let's figure it out : )

The way the shadow memory works, per my understanding, is that an event is logged with the mileage. So AA stated the mileage at the time they saw an over-rev event. If the OP kept driving it after that event, then perhaps they were careless in their analysis - suggesting that event caused the failure. I guess one could also assume they are dishonest, but it take more than that for me to make that jump.

Did AA state that the shadow memory showed the mileage at the time of the engine failure to be different than on the service write-up? I didn't see that if they did. Didn't search back either...

Either way, this is all largely irrelevant unless the OP actually has some proof that shows the AA kit caused the failure. There seems to be debate among the experts as to the conclusions which can be drawn from the engine pics.

As to why AA has remained silent, I wouldn't be surprised if it is because they are speaking to the law and/or a lawyer. I would be...
Yep, all this proves is the engine failure didn't occur at the same time as the over-rev. Unless Mike has already read the freeze-frame data from his car and it's different from what AA has already posted but the OP/Mike hasn't posted it to the thread yet then I'm not sure how the OP can state "where did that freeze frame data come from, because it did not come from my car"? Nothing posted in this thread yet supports that statement.
Appreciate 0