01-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #491
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
I'm not following your post. His engine let go, as per the BMW paperwork, when it had 43,897 km on it. AA said they the data slip they posted is from *after* he had the failure, and it was sent to them. The slip data shows the car had 42,231 km on it when it failed, (ironically) 1666 km *less* than what the dealer noted on the service paperwork. Either the dealer paperwork is listing the incorrect mileage, or the AA mileage is incorrect. Andrew has not posted anything since the OP revealed his hand, and since he PMed me immediately thereafter (regarding a post I made), I know they're watching this.
I'm not following your post either; let's figure it out : )

The way the shadow memory works, per my understanding, is that an event is logged with the mileage. So AA stated the mileage at the time they saw an over-rev event. If the OP kept driving it after that event, then perhaps they were careless in their analysis - suggesting that event caused the failure. I guess one could also assume they are dishonest, but it take more than that for me to make that jump.

Did AA state that the shadow memory showed the mileage at the time of the engine failure to be different than on the service write-up? I didn't see that if they did. Didn't search back either...

Either way, this is all largely irrelevant unless the OP actually has some proof that shows the AA kit caused the failure. There seems to be debate among the experts as to the conclusions which can be drawn from the engine pics.

As to why AA has remained silent, I wouldn't be surprised if it is because they are speaking to the law and/or a lawyer. I would be...
Appreciate 0