View Single Post
      01-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #488
MPoweredAuto
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36, e46, e90 M3's

Answers and Questions

I understand everyones views at this point, and will attempt to answer them as best I can.

IIRC I was never given documentation, or signed documentation expressing no claim of responsibility when I paid for my supercharger at AA. As for having the paperwork from AA, I don't know I still even have it. IF AA has signed documentation or receipt clearly stating that, then I suggest they come forth with it.

My inclusion of the repair order from the dealership is to show 100% proof that this engine failed at 27,278mi. They did not write down details of why the claim was denied, even having spoken to higher ups at BMWNA. The recorded speed of 198mph must have been stored in the key and the service writer told me that number. Again, it was not logged, however I may be able to get another report from the dealer saying that top speed was reached, which I believe to be true because I was there in person when it happened. Yet, the freeze frame data from AA says the top speed hit was 175mph. Also their data states the mileage was very different then what it really was.

I do not claim to be an expert on this engine or kit, and therefor appreciate all insight, data, and comments posted by all the members of this forum. With that said I cannot pinpoint what caused failure on someone elses design. I could make educated guesses, but so can everyone else here on the forum.

Nevertheless, I based my purchase decision in good faith that Active Autowerke, having been around for 30+ years has done extensive testing and they assured me this was a reliable setup. All information given to me indicated there had been a vast amount of tuning expertise and R&D incorporated into this kit. Had I ever been given the notion that this kit may cause catastrophic failure, would I have bought it? NO. Once again, I was assured many times it was RELIABLE. So much to the fact that when my car didn't produce the claimed numbers on the dyno, I asked what could be done. The answer from "Scrappy" was that they could increase the timing, but that would jeopardize the engine and possibly cause damages that they couldn't be responsible for. At that time I decided NOT to tamper with the tune and leave their "track tested" tune the way it was, so not to damage my car.

I understand the views of those who say "you gotta pay to play", but when is this statement too much? I put 1,200 miles on my car with a kit I was assured would hold up. I did not exceed the limitations of what they claimed, and end result is failure.

Let's say we forget that I had to fork over a ton of money to fix a problem I feel was caused by this kit. Let's look at the fact that there is irrefutable proof AA has falsely generated a document to make me out to be a liar. On top of that, they have continued to LIE to their customers about the reliability and failure rate of these said kits. On top of that, they put the blame elsewhere, so as not to have to pay for repairs. I don't care who you are, if you have been in business for 30 years, you don't just change your practicing ways overnight. I feel that when the worst happens, how you are defined is how you take care of the situation.

The only way I see this getting better for AA is for someone to step up to the plate and take responsibility. I do not think it is fair to throw in a new guy for him to take the hit in this community, when we all know it was not his decision to lie and deceive the good members of this community.

I also ask that Active answer my 3 questions:

1. Where did that freeze frame data come from, because it did NOT come from my car.

2. What happened to the 2 cars in question that I inquired about before? Going to come clean with those 2 as well? How many engines has AA lost with this kit installed?

3. Who is going to take accountability for this incident on behalf of AA?

Last edited by MPoweredAuto; 01-24-2012 at 01:34 PM..
Appreciate 0