View Single Post
      02-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #11
nbennettksu
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: DV F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
From what I've read, if you can find a fob elsewhere that has NEVER been paired to a car before, then you can use it yourself. Programming a non-CA key is easy, you just put it into the ignition slot and push the Start button, which permanently pairs that fob to the car and starts the engine. After that, you can use it to lock and unlock that car. I believe this process works on CA keys as well as long as you're ok with the CA portion not working, otherwise the programming process is more involved.

I have to admit that the simplicity of this system unsettles me a little bit. It means that more sophisticated car thieves could go around with blank BMW fobs, smash a window, and create a legitimate key for that stolen car on the spot....
ok so then I can just buy a blank key, program it to your car, and steal your car? Think about what you're saying, man.

You cant just buy a blank key and program it to any car. That thought is insane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
the wheels make me mad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
It's one thing for some buffoon to put an M badge on something that doesn't deserve it...it's another for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do the exact same thing and keep a straight face.
Appreciate 0