07-10-2009, 01:21 PM   #45
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by all8up View Post
I believe I mentioned sprinters and not marathoners....

Well if you are able to point that out, I'm certain you have recognized the merits of HIT type of training and how it is now the preferred method to efficiently lose fat.

Let's consider the OP goals for a moment. He indicated he is plenty strong by his accounts and has difficulty in seeing his muscle...do you believe the same pattern of weightlifting will remove the fat from his body? Yes, you bring up very valid points on other contributing factors such as stress and nutrition and those also need to be factored in, but in my experience it is easier to get someone to address training then dieting/lifestyle.
I'm a proponent of high intensity, short duration cardiovascular training as it creates an anabolic response. I only use such a strategy for stable individuals (stability before mobility). Long duration cardiovascular exercise isn't necessary in my opinion unless you are training for an endurance event.

When looking to get lean, you need to be in a caloric deficit and lift heavy loads in a periodized program to maintain muscle mass. You cannot outtrain a shitty diet and lifestyle. Health and good body composition is a multi-pronged endeavor - diet, rest, hydration, exercise, stress reduction, supplementation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
Building mass and increasing definition really can't be used in the same sentence.
Gaining mass and cutting can happen at the same time. Carb cycling codex is the best way for it to be done in my opinion.
Appreciate 0