RockingCPA
Rockin in the Flying Toaster of Doom!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Honda Element SC w/music gear

The car is GONE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NlckyBlack View Post
posts at 430 pm and gives you a 24 hour notice....Now thats a good for sale thread!!
I love you, man. The car is gone. Sold. Outta here. If I had more time I would have given more notice. I had already made a commitment to sell it, but my buddy at the BMW dealership would have let me back out IF I got a buyer that was ready to go RIGHT THEN.

I really want to say what I think of comments like this, but just as when I was a vendor, I keep my mouth shut and just remember it's the small handful idiots with no life that I had to deal with that prompted me to get the hell out of a no-profit, thankless business like internet retail sales. 99% of my customers were great, but it's that one a-hole that could just ruin your day.

Let me leave on word of wisdom. Even if you're not religious, follow the golden rule and treat people like you'd like to be treated. Don't be an butthead, just because you can hide behind the anonymity of a forum user name. Treat my ex-collegues and competitors with respect. Don't call them up and use 1/2 hour to 45 minutes of their time to get the advice you need to avoid a costly, stupid mistake, and THEN after using their time, ask them to match the lowest price you could find on a website that gives ZERO customer service. Customer service costs money and don't squeeze every last nickel of the transaction to the point where they don't want to deal with you.

I could have done that with my new Honda. I could have grinded them to save a few hundred dollars more, but I wanted them to make some money on the deal, so they would want to take my phone calls and not try to avoid me. Here's my last tidbit of wisdom...

All relationships in life are like sex...it's got to be good for both parties, otherwise someone won't want to participate.

Peace...out!!! Good luck to all.

Bob

BTW, i'm not subscribing to this thread, so have at it!!!
Appreciate 0