View Single Post
      08-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #348
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxL View Post
Similar situation there - my best was 0.8 second off my previous personal best, and average was at least a second slower. Can you see on the log where you were losing speed? It may be that the pressures did not work or your reaction to change in car feel or just fatigue.

For me it was 1) braking much earlier than normally (probably looked at Mustangs and followed their example); 2) the late single apex in 8 is almost .4 seconds slower than double-apex (diagonal braking to the first curb, coming away, and then accelerating to the second curb); 3) now this one is a mystery - I had higher exit speeds out of 5 B than ever before, but then by the end of the back straight I was slower by about 8-10km/h - not sure how it's possible given that I did not lift - heatsoak, dirty air filter?
I found that I was having grip issues yesterday with my NT05's also.The track was very green as there were only motorcycles for the last 2 weeks and lots of rain on Monday.There was a strong headwind going up the straight which might have been your speed issue.
Appreciate 0