Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxruffdmxx View Post
I went down to my dealership to discuss the details of my deal. I go directly to the sales manager and start a conversation with him. He tells me the car is gonna be here in a week and a half, being very nice to me. So I ask him what am I looking to pay for the car if I lease it. (10,000/year for 36 months, MSRP 70, 175 including gas guzler tax). He tells me it looks like 1295 per month. I tell him that that number is too high. He tells me that that is the number and he cannot move down. I tell him that this number is inconsistent with the fair market value. As the conversation is progressing, I find out that this guy is using the .00310 money factor. So i tell him isn't the money factor .00258. He says yes, but I can't give that to you. So I ask him why not? He tells me because he needs to make money. I tell him he makes money selling the car at msrp and on all the options. At this point this guy is being very rude, his tone of voice changed completely and he's angry at me simply because I know what I am talking about. We got to leasecompare.com where he sees the car at 1189/month with a .00217 money factor and 12,000/year (my car at 10,000/year). After seeing that price, I can see him boiling and he's even more angry. Accusing me of changing the deal. So i tell him we did not have a deal and I am simply negotiating. He goes to his computer and once again in a rude tone tell's me that the best he can do is 1235/month with zero down, with tax in the payment. I ask him what changed since you quoted me at 1295/month to now at 1235/month. No response. So I tell him that I am willing to pay 1210/month and that his mark up on the money factor was unethical. At which point he tells me to calm down. I tell him that I am calm and not to be mad because I know what I am talking about. I told him that i will take the deal at 1210/month and he is being stern about the 1235/month deal.
Anyway, I came out of there so angry. The audacity of the guy to be rude because I told him that he is being unethical.
I am reconsidering getting my long awaited M3. This guy (he does not deserve to be mentioned by name on this forum) is such a jerk, that I am about to drop the deal.
What do you guys think of the deal. I can afford the 1235/month, but I feel like the car should not be this much and that he is fucking me. Any other recommendations are welcome.

im paying $1117.46 a month, $4996 out of pocket. i have a AW coupe, tech package, premium, cold, rear PDC, sunshade, hd radio, sat radio, black novillo, alum trim. 18s

just an FYI so i think that 1235 with tax rolled in and 0 down aint that bad?

just an FYI

E92 ///M3/Alpine White/6MT/Tech/VRS Boot Lid/UUC SSK/H&R Sport Drop/Hamann lip/ Remus Race Exhaust...
Appreciate 0