05-27-2008, 11:34 AM   #6
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92103 View Post
I think it will be hard for Lexus to crack the performance car market. The IS-F is a small niche. Not many people wanting to pay $60k for a tiny car with a V8.

I see the coupe selling even less expecially if it is not a convertible. Although it does look better than the SC lady bug thing they have out.

Lexus buyers are all about cushy ride, wood steering wheels, and reliability. Sport car drivers consider performance first. So if Toyota could not sell Supras, I am not sure how Lexus will sell the next gen Supra AKA LFA.
Hmm, I can see where you're coming from but I think Lexus might have just nailed it. Pricing will be the main factor I think.

First of all, they had the 1st concept then the 2nd concept, and we've seen lots of spypics of the production model. I think it looks great and unique. It even looks like it has the aerodynamics and good proportions.

I think the concepts show that Lexus will be moving away from their more traditional type interiors. Further proof can be seen in the concept that previews the next RX.

Apart from how it's priced like I mentioned above, performance will be really vital here. I'm sure we'll see a V10 based on previous info and I've got some faith that Lexus will have the right powerplant in this beast. Let's not forget that they had that race-spec prototype running around too...